Dear Pastoral Colleagues,
Centered in Christ
Competent in Ministry
Colleagues in Community
These nine words summarize the vision of our ABCOPAD Regional Ministers Council. Here’s how we (your Ministers Council Executive Committee) are planning to live that vision with you in 2014.
- We are co-sponsoring Spring Pastor’s Retreats with our region staff. The theme is on Resilient Ministry. Rev. Jeff Collins and Rev. Randy Harris, two of our MC Executive Committee members will each be leading a retreat session.
- We are offering $10 discounts to Minister Council Members who attend the Spring Pastors Retreat.
- We are Sponsoring the Thursday day portion of our ABCOPAD Biennial Leadership Conference on October 23rd.
- We are hosting a prayer summit on October 22nd from Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- We are hosting a Pastor Appreciation Banquet on the evening of October 22nd. We will be recognizing significant Ordination Anniversaries and Years Served at a current church.
- In addition to these events, we are encouraging through our relational networks participation in collegial support groups, whether that’s share and prayer groups, Leadership Learning Communities or Together in Ministry Groups.
- We have already revitalized our partnership with our Valley Forge Chapter, which brings additional opportunities for continuing education events to clergy near Valley Forge.
That’s how we are planning to live the vision in 2014, but in order to live the vision with you; we need you to join the ABCOPAD Ministers Council ($25 due) as well as the National Ministers Council ($50). (Seminary and CLI students’ dues are only $50 and clergy couples’, who join at the same time, dues are $100). Please take a moment right now and go to the web-site linked below. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find an on-line payment option to pay with your credit card. Payment Link
In closing, I want to emphasis how the Ministers Council is our professional association. It is the only organization in ABCUSA life which is solely dedicated to supporting and advocating for our ministerial leaders. I encourage you to join as we seek to be:
Centered in Christ
Competent in our Ministry
Colleagues in Community.
In Christ’s Service
MC President on behalf of the entire MC Executive Committee
Pastor Baptist Church of West Chester
P.S. For further information on the Ministers Council, please go to www.abcopad.org and look for Ministers Council under Pastoral Leadership or go the National Minister’s Council website at www.ministerscouncil.com.
P.S.S. We will be sending a letter to all ABCOPAD Church Treasurers the week of March 17th, including your treasurer if you have yet to join. We encourage dues to be paid by the church, not by the pastor. We understand if you want to wait until your treasurer receives our letter. When (s)he asks you whether to pay the dues, we trust your answer will be “Yes! I would like to be a member of The Ministers Council.”
The Ministers Council of the American Baptist Churches USA has a monthly newsletter entitled "News You Can Use". The newsletter will present to American Baptist pastoral leaders relevant information designed to resource and connect these key leaders of the denomination.
The newsletter arrives via your e-mail inbox in an e-zine format that presents brief clips of information with weblinks that amplify the content provided. The Ministers Council website, www.ministerscouncil.org, is an ever-expanding source of information consulted by pastoral leaders, congregations and regional executive ministers. It is supported by dues-paying members of the Ministers Council and is accessible without usage fees.
"News You Can Use" is distributed through various ABCUSA email networks with the request that it be forwarded within those networks. Any person may sign up for the distribution list through an email request to email@example.com.
Ministers Council Membership web page with additional instructions
Ministers Council Constitution and Bi-Laws
National ABCUSA Minister's Council Site