Who We Are
In 1703 the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania became a part of America's oldest American Baptist organization, the Philadelphia Baptist Association. In 1972 the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware (ABCOPAD) was formed as the successor of the Pennsylvania Baptist Convention. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Associations were separate Regions. As of October 15, 2005, the Pittsburgh Baptist Association and ABCOPAD have merged in ministry together.
- Total operating receipts for 2007: Approx. $1,041,475
- Mission receipts for 2007: Approx. $2,051,075
- Endowment Fund: Approx. $2,000,000
- Common Investment Fund (owned by related organizations & churches): Approx. $2,500,000
- Total Membership: Approx. 48,000
- Number of Churches: 332
- Number of Associations: 21
Note: Philadelphia Baptist Association
is an independent Region not a part of ABCOPAD
The region is a mix of rural, suburban and urban communities. The distribution of our churches is approximately 40% urban,47% suburban, 13% rural
Of our 322 churches 273 are Euro-American; 41 are African American; 3 are Hispanic and 5 are multi-racial
The region is organized into 6 areas with 21 associations
Follow this link to view a list of current Regaionl Staff including contact information.
Follow this link to view a list of ABCOPAD Regional Offices including contact information: